Most Blessed Trinity Parish in Tremont was established on July 15, 2008 by the Most Reverend Edward P. Cullen, 3rd Bishop of Allentown. Father Dominik Kalata was appointed as the first pastor. Most Blessed Trinity was formed by the consolidation of three older neighboring parishes that included Sacred Heart of Jesus in Newtown, Immaculate Conception in Tremont and Saints Peter & Paul in Tower City. Most Blessed Trinity Church now occupies the former Immaculate Conception Church building in Tremont and the parish also has a Chapel located in the former Ss. Peter & Paul Church building in Tower City.
Father Paul Rothermel was appointed as the second pastor of Most Blessed Trinity and Father Jason Stokes succeeded him in June of 2016.
Brief histories of the closed parishes that formed Most Blessed Trinity Parish:
Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish in Newtown was founded in 1896 and was originally part of the Diocese of Philadelphia. The earliest existing records for the parish date to 1908 and record the first baptism in the parish as performed on December 27, 1908. Father Charles Abt was listed as the first pastor of the Newtown parish. Father David Loeper served as the last pastor of Sacred Heart of Jesus Parish.
Immaculate Conception Parish in Tremont began in 1853 when Father Barr was sent by Bishop (Saint) John Neumann of Philadelphia to conduct a spiritual census of West of Pottsville to the Dauphin County Line. Father Barr was assigned the responsibility of setting up a mission for the Catholics of this area. The erection of a church in Donaldson was begun. Father Barr was eventually given land in Tremont and construction of the church in Donaldson was discontinued in favor of a church in Tremont. In 1855, the laying of the cornerstone took place and the new church was blessed by Bishop Neumann on June 25, 1856. Immaculate Conception School was opened in 1925. Father Michael Ahrensfield served as the last pastor of Immaculate Conception Parish.
Saints Peter & Paul Parish in Tower City began as a mission as early as 1865, when Tower City Catholics would meet in various Catholic homes and a priest from Tremont would come to celebrate Mass. This practice continued until 1880 when a petition was approved by the Tower City Board of Education that allowed Catholics to use the old brick school building for Sunday worship. Masses were held there for the next 8 years. In 1888, the Catholics acquired a lot for their own building. The construction of the church followed and the first Mass in the new mission was celebrated in the fall of 1889. The mission church in Tower City was elevated to that of a parish church and became Ss. Peter & Paul Parish in 1896. Father Francis Ward was appointed as the first pastor. Father Michael Ahrensfield served as the last pastor of Ss. Peter & Paul Parish.